Saturday, April 24, 2010

Niner M.C.R. 9


Finally got the Niner MCR 9 up and running. Picked this up in North Carolina from Liberty Bikes. I think it was the I.M.B.A limited edition frame that won me over because it's not like I need a new bike or anything. Scroll down this post for the skinny on the frame.


The M.C.R stands for Magic Carpet Ride and the frame & fork are made up with Reynolds 853 cromo tubing. I decided to set this bike up with a 1x9 drivetrain. Truativ Stylo 1:1 32 ring with bashguard. Still waiting on the Rohloff upper chain guide but on todays ride the chain did not drop once so ? I used my old Suntour thumb shifter in friction mode for the rear cog and Schwable Racing Ralphs tires front & rear. 2.4 up front and a 2.2 in the back. Front ran at 35 psi today with no pinch flats and loads of confidence going into corners and on rooty downhills.


Look for some detailed ride reports in the weeks to follow and also some comments on set up tweaks. First one I did post ride today was swap out my Syncros bar for a Titec H bar which offer more hand position and control which is warranted with the fully rigid bike. This thing climbs like a goat and goes were you point it.