Monday, October 10, 2011

Re~building Brodies c/o Dathan R.I.P.

July 24th, 2006 was a bad day, we lost a great friend and amazing rider. Dathan was primarily the guy that got me into collecting old Canadian Handbuilt bikes and after he passed away his brother made sure some of the collection made into the hands of those that would truly do the bikes & Dathan proud.

Enter Juice, sent me a email link to the Brodie Blog and it was a post from another friend of Dathan's that had just finished a classic Sovereign. Build came out mint and it was even better to see it on the trail.

I was one of the fortunate few that Juice gave frames to and I restored my eXpresso with a new paint job, original decals, a Gatorblade fork and it has seen a few good events. I decided I could not risk thrashing this particular bike so retired mine to the bike room wall.

Have a read on the Brodie Blog and in the meantime, here's another bike. Thank's Dathan......