Monday, September 26, 2011

Retro Days, Retro Rides...

For those that know me personally also know I like anything old school and also anything unique. Digging through some old pictures and came across some old bike photo's. I don't know how many years this spans and this is not a complete bio of bikes long gone by a few bikes not pictured at least but a fun look back.



It all started ( the serious addiction for high end bikes that is ) with the Rocky Mountain Cirrus. I had to talk my dad into driving 2 hours to Precision Bikes in Niagara Falls USA to get my hands on all the 3-d Violet Ringle & Cook Bros parts I could save up for. I still own a fully built Rocky Mountain Altitude T.O. complete with Tioga Disc drive.



Then came the ProFlex a.k.a Slow Flex ( which lived up the nick name ) and the bike I still wish I owned, The GT Xizang with the fork I still wish I owned, The Lawill Leader 3. The Nuke Proof carbon hubs, snowflake twisted front wheel spokes were all trademark parts that carried over from frame to frame.

More pics and Retro posts to follow....